Brookfield Renewable Energy Partners is a leading owner, operator and developer of renewable power generation facilities across North and South America. With more than 100 years of experience in the power sector, our portfolio today comprises $17 billion in renewable power assets and generates enough electricity from renewable resources to power more than three million homes each year.
With a portfolio of high-quality assets, strong growth opportunities and a significant pipeline of development projects, the business is positioned to produce attractive long-term total returns with growing cash flows and distributions to shareholders.
- One of the largest publicly traded pure-play renewable power businesses globally with 6,000 MW of installed capacity
- Predominantly hydroelectric portfolio – 85% of generation is from hydro, the highest quality renewable asset class with compelling operating attributes and total return profile
- Strong organic and acquisition opportunities supported by a conservative capital structure and liquidity to fund growth
- Experienced management team with proven track record – 16% compounded annualized return since inception in 1999
- Access to a leading asset management platform – origination of opportunities through Brookfield’s network and participation in Brookfield sponsored consortiums
- Largely contracted cash flows (18 year weighted avg.) with market-based upside