Brookfield Renewable is one of the largest listed pure-play renewable power platforms in the world, as well as Brookfield’s primary vehicle through which it will acquire renewable power assets on a global basis.
We focus primarily on long-life renewable power assets that provide stable, long-term cash flows, and which are well positioned to appreciate in value over time. Our strategy is to combine our operating, development, power marketing and investing capabilities with our ability to commit capital to transactions in order to secure opportunities at attractive returns for our shareholders and institutional partners.
We aim to deliver an average annual total return of 12% – 15% to shareholders. Our approach is focused on the following:
- Operate a globally-diversified portfolio of renewable power generation assets across continental platforms and to the highest standards
- Combine stable, predominantly contracted cash flows with the ability to capture rising prices on uncontracted power in our core markets
- Maintain a predominantly hydroelectric focus
- Leverage our operating expertise, transaction origination capabilities and funding platforms to acquire assets for value
- Advance and replenish our proprietary development pipeline at premium returns
- Secure growth opportunities in new technologies